Tuesday 10 December 2013

#67: One Year On

This is a response to the video 'I had a black dog' released last year by the World Health Organization. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth a watch.

---


I started this blog as a way to assist
Both myself and those others whose lives sorely missed
That encouraging feeling, that internal hooray
That today is not just yet another decay

I'm pleased to say that in the year that has passed
I've found something different to fly on my mast
A totem I found in a pub near King's Cross
The cheese to my cracker, Rachel to my Ross

I've found me a mad dog
She fights the good fight
She's a beacon of comfort
When there isn't much light

My mad dog envelops
The lesions of fear
But understands when
It's not best to be near

My mad dog comes over
And takes the remote
She changes the channel
And majors the note

My mad dog plays Jenga
And topples the hate
Of myself and the world
And decisions I've made

My mad dog blunts rapiers
And butters the knife
She may well have actually
Just saved my life